The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Gas problems...
Thread: Gas problems...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
plantednano
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpath View Post
I will suggest people fill up your tank with SUPER not regular. That will last longer...
This is not really true, your car is programmed to shoot x# of ml into the cylinder per combustion cycle. So whether you are using 87 or 93 the computer still pumps the same amount of fuel. Higher octane emsures more procise combustion making the motor run smoother wich in turn can also marginally increase power output. (unless you are in a performance oriented car most people probably can't tell the difference in power between 87 and 93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra73 View Post
Another suggestion I have been told you could do is to drive out to NJ to refill. You have to pay the tolls and depending how far you need to drive to NJ. At least, you won't have to wait on line.
This may not be the best option unless you already know of a station that has gas and no lines. Isn't jersey still in a juel pinch too? So that might just leave you with less fuel.

If you were going to venture out for gas, might be better off heading to nassau/suffolk. Driving through suffolk yesterday i witnessed a few stations servicing even number cars on an odd day bc there was literally no one else at the station. Apparently knowing your plate number is to much work for us in suffolk so no one bothered getting gas.
plantednano is offline   Reply With Quote