The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Ely's Tropical Fish
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
mcaquatic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach_six View Post
I use to work near Ely's and I found their prices high or even higher than Absolutely Fish prices.

Here's the info for Shark.

Shark Aquarium
245 Route 22, Hillside, NJ 07205
E-mail: info@sharkaquarium.com
Hours Daily 10-8, Sundays, 10-6

If you're coming from Newark, it would on that side of the highway. If you're coming from Union, you'll need to make a U-turn once you past where the car dealerships are.

This place has been around for at least a decade, they use to be in Union but moved a few miles down in Hillside. I haven't been to their new store since they moved.

I've talked to the guy at Aquarium Paradise (Aquascape Online store front) in Belleville and I think he mentioned he use to work with Shark Aquarium and hence the reason he specializes in piranhas too.
Pedro at aquascape and George at sharkaquarium are both great. Both very different personalities and very different stores. Both more then worth a trip to check out. Sharkaquarium has a lot of odd ball stuff you may not see elsewhere and all the regular/staple fishes. Aquascape will tends to have a lot of stuff you may not see else where (esp if you like things that get big) but not as much common stock.
mcaquatic is offline   Reply With Quote