The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - paradise fish
Thread: paradise fish
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
TonyK
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Where is Chicago Aquarium? I was thinking of setting up a ten gallon and looking to put a Paradise in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilduck View Post
Just an update for other people that might be interested. I went to Aquarium Adventure in Bolingbrook saturday morning. It was my first time there and its quite a large place with a nice selection of fish and a big selection of plants. On the downside for some reason there were about a million screaming kids running around the store.

They had black paradise fish in stock and a bought one. I also bought a dozen feeder fish for my turtle. By the time I got home, about 30 minutes. I took the feeder fish bag out and every single one of the minnows were dead! I have no idea how that could have happened. Thankfully the paradise fish was fine, but I'm out $1.50 for the feeders and I don't want to drive 30 minutes back to return the dead fishes.

In a turn of events I wound up having lunch with my wife in Andersonville and dropped into Chicago Aquarium there. They had a nicer selection of paradise fish and the owner was very friendly and helpful.