The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Local source for fry food?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
DenverTankCollector
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Fry food

I usually hatch baby brine shrimp for my fry. I start them on live baby brine for two days, then switch them by giving them every other meal of frozen baby brine. Then every other meal of ground dry food, then they can grow on ground dry food. Then feed a few full sized frozen brine shrimp, they will pick at it and show you a growth spurt you won't believe. For a dry food, I just crush up Tetramin in a small plastic bag, it powders up real good. In a pinch I have fed the powdered food from day one and gotten 60% survival. I also have vinegar eels, if you want a start I can spare one. Read about them on line. They make a good starting food. A good write up is on www.selectaquatics.com on his live food page. I find micro worms too much trouble.
Tanks: 2@100, 2@75 12@55, 5@40, 2@30, 30@29, 45@20, 10@10, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types) and growing Desert gobys. My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote