The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Planted Tank “Under New Management”
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #140
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgregoire View Post
Well I switched browsers and I see what all the fuss was about with the ads. Lol.

I was using Firefox before and today I am trying out Google Chrome and the site looks different! Now I'm seeing posts from PlantedTank that are inserted in the threads inbetween posts with sponsored links.

I'm also seeing animated banners that expand over images if you hover on them. The small banners are located at the bottom of the images.

I went into my preferences and checked "Block third party cookies and site data" and it seems like these things are gone since I've refreshed. Give it a try. I will keep you posted if this doesn't seem to be a solution.
I did finally get a couple screenshots of the insurance ads and another one as well. As far as this being a result of my search habits, I can assure you I have never searched for insurance or the farmer thing, or whatever it was, in order to be receiving them from here. They are just random and show up. Just shouldn't be advertising them here on an aquarium website, period!
The Fraternity of Dirt #15
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.