Step 2 was to carve the body of the land area. I wanted the land area to help create a river bank look. I wanted potted plants to give the littoral feel in this tank as well as some planters for emmersed hygro, and riparium plants. After more good advice, I have decided to increase the water level and shrink the amount of riparium habitat. I have learned from many eroded experiments that bottom structures under or near the waters edge will almost always flatten out over time. For this reason, you can see depressions that help maintain the shape of this land area.
This carve took a great deal of time and effort. There are three 2 inch pieces siliconed together and a 1 inch piece to boot on the right hand side. You can see several pots for plants within the newt island
Last edited by Learner; 12-28-2014 at 09:18 AM..