The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DIY CO2 questions
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
ADJAquariums
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
DIY CO2 bottles produce a limited amount of CO2, so it really pays off to use a good method for diffusing it into the water. Otherwise, you will usually be very short on CO2. One efficient diffusing method is as described here: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...10&postcount=2

I use 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp yeast, 1/2 tsp baking soda, in 2 liters of water. I dump in the yeast, the soda, then the sugar. Fill the bottle up just past where it necks down. Then I invert it with my thumb over the opening and shake it vigorously. Then, carry it over to the tank and connect it to the system. I use two 2L bottles, changing the solution in one every week. This is for a 65 gallon tank, and it gives me very noticeable improvement.
Thank you that was actually very helpful, im thinking of also going the 2 2L bottle route. thanks

Then I saw it. I saw a mom who would die for her son. A man who would kill for his wife. A boy, angry and alone. Laid out in front of him, the bad path. I saw it. And the path was a circle. Round and round. So I changed it.
-Joe (Looper 2012)
ADJAquariums is offline   Reply With Quote