The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Frank's Planted Tank How-To Mini Novel - The Mini S Returns! New Layout
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #865
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Hey guys!

Full report when the jet lag is done and over with!

I had the honor of placing #125 out of 2021 entries into this year's IAPLC. It ranked as the 2nd highest American entry and the highest nano aquarium ranking.

It's been a fun journey with this layout - from the people it has helped teach all the way to the end in the IAPLC. For me personally, there has yet to be a layout so valuable in meaning to what it means and represents to me.

When I finally had the honor of meeting with Mr. Amano, he asked me a simple question: "how long have you been doing Nature Aquarium before ADG?" When I gave him the answer, he requested his assistant to print out the layout I entered, and upon receiving it from her took an evaluative look at it and said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi Amano
This layout is quite good. Very simple and for such a small size it expresses a feeling of wabi sabi well. For a first entry into the contest, you have done very well. Congratulations. I have no suggestions for improvement on this layout.

Last edited by Francis Xavier; 11-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: text edit
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote