The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My ever-evolving tank (picture heavy)
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandas tank View Post
Thank you for your recommendation The tank is 4 ft. The dimensions are 48" x 17.75" x 24", but I keep the water line at 21". The tank was sold to me as a 100 gallon, but of course, the tank is only good for between 77 and 80 gallons because of the length and width measurements, being that the height doesn't count for much.
I have been planning to exchange the Roselines for something else because I don't like them much. They are a nice looking fish, but not a good match for our home. As far as I know the tank could potentially have a school of 6 Angelfish without risk of being over stocked, but I do not want my tank "full". I prefer to keep it understocked so everyone has "happy swimming" room. I have been concidering Harlequins, but haven't made up my mind yet. Rummynose are soooo cute, but a no-go because my grown Angel snacks on them. He/She ate my last school nearly completely before I removed a few to take back to the LFS.

I am in no rush to stock the tank with anymore inhabitants until the rescape is complete. I plan to take the Roselines back to the LFS soon, if they will agree to give me credit instead of exchanging the fish for something else right away. I appreciate your suggestion about good schoolers.

Good luck with your 125 gallon! Your Roselines will love it since they will be able to swim further down the tank. What other fish do you keep with your Roselines? I have always thought Roselines look incredible in a tank with Rummynose and/or Odessa Barbs. Quite stunning display.

Thanks again!
Lol I thought it was still the 30g I misread.

I keep cardinals, Bn pleco's , Amanos, and ottos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote