The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My tank, 132g (pictures)
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Soil
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default My tank, 132g (pictures)

Here's my tank in the making. No fish, just a snail so far. its 120cm tall, 62 wide, 67 deep.

Measured 3 in KH, 6.5 PH and just below 3 in nitrite (thats the only tests I got) after about 1 week since I stirred the bottom. Will be keeping and eye out for the nitrite spike and make a guess when it has gone through the cycle. It has been running for about 5 weeks total now.

Lighting is one fluorescant low energy bulb, about 38w output. I have no pump nor heater in it, but my backup plan is to put a planted pot with sand on top and pump water up into it, if the plants cant handle the waste.

There will be a Concolour Macropod fish in there, and perhaps a couple of Channa bleheri. have some thinking to do about that yet tho.

My main problem is the hight of the tank - I topped the soil with gravel, but since I've been adding plants the layers has mixed and the soil is now easily disturbed. My plan - cover the entire bottom with plants. I have to attach them to small stones and drop them into place due to the shape of the thing.

I found the wood while taking a walk, no idea what it is. Comes from northen sweeden and sounded dry and hollow.

Last edited by Soil; 10-29-2012 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: forgot some info.
Soil is offline   Reply With Quote