The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Fish store update?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Politikz_Amore
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Aqualand has been rolling down hill for years. Saltwater section makes you feel really bad for the livestock. I stopped going to this LFS. Between the less than unique selection of fish and plants, the cat urine soaked driftwood bins, and the blatant MISINFORMATION the employees have tried to pass off. i can not recommend you visit this store.

Aquatropics is the same way. Plants are never labeled with a price, and items vary significantly depending on which employee is at the register. The tanks were incredibly dirty, and the owner / manager was phoney balogna friendly which was a huge turnoff to any real hobbyist.

Go see Terrequatics, and Forest Lake Pets. Spend the extra buck or two to stop by WOF and get some good advice. Sealevel in Hopkins is also a great place to browse around. Although not as fancy The Fish Guy is out in Excelsior if you are on the westside.

I do not think Discovery Aquatics in Fridley is open for business anymore. The place was closed and a mess inside and out last time we drove by during regular business hours.
Politikz_Amore is offline   Reply With Quote