I checked the tank this AM, it looks like the crypts are responding very positive to the improved condition. I will have some update photos this weekend.
It looks like some hair or threaded algae developing close to the substrate. From the look of it, I might not have enough flow in the tank. All the plants are not swaying like it suppose to. With that, I've decided to upgrade to Koralia Evolution 1050 from my maxjet 1200. It should be here Monday.
Another future improvement that I'm planning to make is to switch over from canister filters to sump. Still need to work out all the details.
Last, I've dedecided to sell all my Affinis (see my sale thread).