The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Pressurized CO2...Just thought I'd share.
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #125
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris66 View Post
I just found this thread and just want to say a big thank you to Darkblade48. I have a 55g community that I plan on putting a pressurized Co2 system on after Christmas. (Getting the hubby to get me a Milwaukee MA957 for Christmas lol). I've been trying to find out as much information as I can beforehand so I know how to set it up and this has been so very informative.
I haven't been able to check PlantedTank for quite a bit (been busy with life), but I'm glad that my article was helpful.

Quote:
I have a little confusion as to what size Co2 tank to get, and what is a good bps to have for my 55. Just say I get a 10g co2 tank, and set it for maybe 3 bps, how long would that tank last before I need to refill it? My husband has concerns that I will be needing to refill it every month -_- lol.
The larger the CO2 cylinder, the better. You will need to refill it less, and the actual refill cost for (say) a 5 pound and 10 pound cylinder is usually insignificant.

Of course, there is always the issue with space, etc.

A 10 g(ram?) CO2 canister will not last long on a 55 gallon aquarium. Perhaps 2-3 weeks at most?

If you are speaking about a 10 pound CO2 cylinder, I would hazard at least half a year - a year, depending on whether or not you have any leaks, how long you keep it on for, etc.

Quote:
Also Darkblade48, you should post (if you havent already) a YouTube video on setting up a pressurized Co2 system. That would be extremely helpful too in seeing it put together right from the getgo.
Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary photographic equipment (nor the skills) to take good videos.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is online now   Reply With Quote