The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The Build - ADA 60P Style - Custom 35" High Stand
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #723
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANNAGOFAST View Post
Hey quick question, how'd you set up your light like that? It looks like you have the ADA style curved metal shroud over your t5? Or did I miss something and you bought an ADA fixture?
Hey your absolutely correct. I mimicked the ADA light cover and went to Home Depot and purchased a piece of aluminum (they have different styles, patterns and dimensions) and chose one with a pattern. Sprayed painted it with some left over black gloss paint I had. I then made a bend to it from a pipe in my bathroom (which is the source of heat for my bathroom) and walla!!!. Actually, I believe I bent it first then painted it or else the paint would crack. I then drilled two holes in the top and slid it wires that hold up my light from the ceiling. I left the inside silver for more reflection. I made this last year but when I moved I never put it back until recently. I like how it blends in with the black stand. I was thinking about makings sides to it.

What do you guys think?