The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Andrew's 2nd tank - planted spec 2 tank - boraras maculatus & wild tigers arrived :D
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
andrewss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
Easiest fish to keep in a small tank. Just wouldn't put any other fish with it. They don't need filtration.

Petsmart has a good selections.

Also Nov 1 an aquarium association in Ohio is having an auction. It is at Tallmadge Community Center, 80 Community Drive, Tallmadge, Ohio

Here pictures of Bettas. Here is a Betta forum. There are many Betta forums. Just google for Betta forums.
I might end up getting one online from aquabid or maybe aquarium adventure in columbus... I am not sure yet - probably won't drive up to akron for that event though it sounds interesting - thanks for the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadybird View Post
This doesn't mean they don't have a bioload, and don't suffer from ammonia burn and toxic conditions the same way other fish do.
Betta are really neat fish, sure, but they still deserve healthy living conditions, and will always do better in a filtered tank. It's more the aeration they can do with out, as they rely heavily on their Labyrinth organ.

But possibly the point was that they do very well as solitary, focal point fish, and as a solitary fish in a well planted tank, their bioload is easily countered by the plants. I've seen some very lovely nano tanks with Betta as the star :]

[edit] And hey look, here's a fellow forum member with a lovely set of HMPK Betta for sale!
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=194883
I will be using the stock fluval spec filtration, but adding a ball valve so I can turn down the power of the pump down real low so the betta is happy.

Don't worry I have an api liquid test kit

I will probably get the cycle going fast with water from my spec v and filter media - but will just run it fishless for sometime until it tests in a good range with just plants.

Thanks for all the information! I still have to decide what kind of betta I want... im thinking dark colors

ohhhh and I got an email from ADA and the sand I had wanted was out of stock but no big deal - I will still have their white sand and now the congo sand over the aqua soil.

Plus I bought seiryu stones from a user here and also some plants from a user here - I will post pix and a shoutout to them when the goods arrive
andrewss is offline   Reply With Quote