The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Nano 20L: Rock hardscape - First steps
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
lucasmamoru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Beautiful scape. Great job. The only thing I could suggest is adding another rock in front of the large main rock. It's fine without it though, too.

What flora/fauna will be kept in the tank?
Thanks for the advice and the kind words!

I made some minor changes in the rock positioning and soon I'll try adding more rocks. I didn't see the "blank" space in the front of the main rock when I finished the scape, but now that you mentioned it, it's bugging me! hahah

About the fauna, I'm thinking about some Otocinclus affinis to keep the algae under control and, to add a little bit of color, to contrast with the green leaves, Hyphessobrycon amandae. My tank isn't that big, so I need to use small fishes.

About the flora. I am gonna use Glossostima or Hemianthus callitrichoides as foreground plants. I really liked the Hemianthus, but I've been told that Glosso are more newbie-friendly, so I am not sure about which one I will use. Between the rocks I intend to use Staurogyne. For the back of the tank, I am going to use Hemianthus micranthemoides, my favorite plant

I need some reddish plant to give some contrast, any suggestions?

Last edited by lucasmamoru; 10-15-2012 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: Grammar
lucasmamoru is offline   Reply With Quote