The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Which power tool brands do you like?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #33
GraphicGr8s
Banned

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejerrey View Post
Lol! Meant 2.5hp

Plunge? I rarely used that, I would just get the porter cable. With smaller routers you end up frustrated at some point as if you got a 12v cordless drill or something! Lol

I meant "sawzall", geez dude who calls a jig saw "reciprocating saw" lol!

OP:
Please make sure to get properly trained to use power tools, there is many ways to get seriously hurt. Safety first!
I'd still recommend the compact router over a full size to start out. Wood magazine did a review this month and the Dewalt was the first choice even over the P-C. The P-C doesn't have variable speed. It will do most of what routing a person would normally do and is better on smaller projects. I have 3.25hp plunge and rarely ever use it. Even if it wasn't a plunge I probably still wouldn't use it. Way too heavy for anything but a table mount. My 690s handle most of my work. Including raised panels and arched doors.

The plunge I do use but on a smaller router. If you're not using it your not doing any mortises or plunge routing. I do both. A mortise and tenon is a far superior joint to most any other.
I'd never recommend a recip either. I've got a couple and rarely use either one. And I've never used one for cabinet making or woodworking only use it when putting up buildings. More for taking them down though.

Safety Glasses!!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!Safety Glasses!!!!
GraphicGr8s is offline   Reply With Quote