The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My Review: SunSun "Outside Filter" HW-302
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #628
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
I have been using ehiem ecco and fluval canisters and love those just not the price. I was also very skeptical about the price/performance of this cheap filter, but I bought it anyway as I need a second filter along with my ecco 2234 for my new 40B tank and bought a box of fluval bio rings and mix with some of my extra eheim bio media. I didn't want to risk for any leaks, so I tested the filter with a bucket of water in the bath tub overnight, no leaks and virtually silent. Very happy for a well spent $50 dollars, great flow as well. The only problem I have is I can't really get the skimmer to work, it doesn't seem to suck any water down the tube, but I replaced it with one that I have laying around and it works perfectly. Can someone show me how you get the skimmer (Photo or video the better) to work as I tried everything I can? Other than that, this filter is perfect so far even if it only lasts me for 1 year as I don't like to clean filter anyway. Thank OP for posting it because I would never buy if I see it on *bay.
The point of this thread is to discuss the pros and cons of this filter. The skimmer has been discussed, ad nauseam. The gist of it is that it's crap.
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote