The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - African clawed frogs?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #30
AVN
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M View Post
Oh if the crayfish is that small I am surprised the frog has not taken a go at him. Most crayfish I've seen in aquariums are quite capable of hurting ACF (and fish!).

My mental image is of a huge clawed crayfish, some of the ones I've seen are quite beastly and they're all predatory so I wouldn't trust them.
I have some beastly ones that are quite dangerous. One could mistake them for lobsters. Those of course live in the pond, not in any tanks I would keep anything else in.

As for duckweed, I hope you are in for a serious commitment in terms of scooping out handfuls of duckweed every so often. As for me, I find it much, much easier than trimming most plants. As long as you don't let the duckweed get to the point where it chokes light, you'll be fine.

Aesthetically, I love the way it grows and bunches on the surface. It's also been known to be a tasty snack for some of my fish. you'd do well to have this in an ACF tank! Although you should consider semi terrestrial frogs and lilypads instead!
AVN is offline   Reply With Quote