The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ADA tanks???
Thread: ADA tanks???
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #36
tetra73
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
This is a complete Mac vs Windows situation. It really is.

I consider a tank a work of art. Chances are, you do too. If you had a beautiful work of art, say, a painting, would you cut out a construction-paper frame and tape it haphazardly to your wall with scotch tape? Not likely. Aesthetically, it would be much nicer and add to the painting as a whole to have a beautiful custom solid oak frame cut for it and to hang it on the wall, leveled with the floor/ceiling.

So, at the same time, why would you not want a rimless low iron tank? It adds to the aquascape as a whole. Let me ask all of you this: do you view your tank from afar (a few feet away or from across the room) or do you get within inches of your tank? If it's the latter, fine.

But if you truly want a tank to compliment a room or household area, there is no match. Hands down.

I respect the simple disagreement with regards to price; but to say that because it doesn't help your plants grow you disagree is plainly foolish.

Another good example is the hobby of bonsai. You wouldn't keep a 30 year old specimen that's well trained and an absolute work of art in a plastic nursery pot -- you'd keep it in a Tokoname pot or similarly made pot. But that's a little different I guess.
Mac versus Windows? Not even close. Windows AKA PC is different than a Mac not because of the look. It is because a PC is an open hardware. In a Mac, it is a close system. You can build your own PC choosing from the computer case to the power supply you want. You can't do that with a MAC. A PC has a freer platform. An ADA tank versus all other tanks? Well, they both hold water. Acrylic tank has no rims too. Can the ADA tank offer more functions and advantages over your regular glass and acrylic tank? Not really. Would I want an ADA tank and to pay for it? No....I still have BBA in my tank. I have a small spot of GSA at the top corner. I have an acrylic tank which I paid $260 for it, 40g. Is already rimless. My tank won't look better, so as my plants, if I were using an ADA tank. How about ADA drop checker? What? $50??? I got a glass one off Ebay for $10. Is glass. The shape is the same. It does the same thing too...

Canon Pimp Club #005
tetra73 is offline   Reply With Quote