The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - rainbuilder's 'Smooth Hillside' - NO CAP dirted 45 gal hex *FILLED* *UPDATE 12/16/12*
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
rainbuilder
Pigeon Enthusiast

PTrader: (28/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostro View Post
Cool hardscape, the triad of round stones is very relaxing and grounded. With the two fore stones being similarly sized, I would move one of them forward and the other further back and in to create a bit more asymmetry. I guess if the soil gets to be a pain you could always cap it but it will be interesting to see how it works for you.
Thanks for your compliments and input! They're not as the same as they look, and they are a pain to move. I think I may leave them, because the way I'm planting this tank it'll change the perspective of it. The rock on the right will have its front more covered up by plants (hairgrass) and will look further back. Here's a top view of it. Besides, they're a little more off center than they appear.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2201.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	55025
My plants are going to be in thursday actually, I forgot about columbus day.

Also, should I try to dry start my windelov java fern? They will be superglued to the sides towards the base of the rocks. I'm not sure if I should or not so I'd like some input.
RAOK Club #38
Fraternity of Dirt #91
45 gallon hexagon 'Smooth Hillside'
rainbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote