The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Elysium (56k) - Updated 10/16
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
iscerus
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

This is my first planted tank. My order of Bucephalandra came in with this really small hitchhiker. The plant is tiny...really tiny; smaller than Bisai. From the shape of the leaves, rhizome and the shine I'd guess it's a Bucephalandra; but it's a lot smaller than any of the other buces in the tank. I think I have 2 of them, but the 2nd one I can't tell if it's the same plant as that one only has 2 leaves and is the size of my pinky's fingernail. I'll probably be taking that over to Manini, and have him raise it just for safe measure.

A couple beginner mistakes were made as I was setting up the tank. My cycled filter had the standard Eheim inflow/outflow and when I replaced it with the lilies...well my entire back right quadrant of the tank was undone and I had to replant quite a bit. I've since switched the outflow to the front of the tank where the smaller plants are so the current doesn't mess it up. That's also why you see a lot of taller plants on the far right as they're anchoring some in the center that don't have roots.

Also, while I was filling up the water, some air under the large stone escaped and it started falling. I caught it in time, but that's why it's more central instead of slightly more left oriented. I'm glad none of the plants were crushed.

Otherwise, enjoy the picture of the tank, so far, in the first post. I can't promise any update schedule or any at all. I'd wait awhile before even keeping track of my little journal.

Last edited by iscerus; 10-05-2012 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: 10/4 - uploaded to Imageshack
iscerus is offline   Reply With Quote