It's been a real test of patience watching my emersed plants grow in my main tank, so I suppose it was only a matter of time before I setup a second tank.
The tank was a craigslist find, and I've had it for at least two years. It did have a short run as a shrimp and moss tank, but neglect turned into a green mess. So after a thorough cleaning, its back to its original state:
I really get excited about empty tanks like this, especially once I start thinking about how it will get filled! One of my motivations to re-due this tank is to salvage a very neglected anubias and some seen-better-days moss. More on those plants later.
For substrate, I used the ADA additives and Aquasoil Amazonia left over from my 60-P build. Since I still haven't flooded that tank, I haven't seen the ADA substrate perform. I'm excited to see it perform in this wee little tank.
The Penac P and W, Clear Super, Tourmaline BC and Bacter Ball (crushed) is added. Something I forgot with the big tank (but made sure to do with this one) was to brush the additives away from the sides. Purely aesthetic, but so much of this hobby is!