The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - GLA 6g Rimless 36-L - The Fusion Tank (Nature, Iwagumi...Who Knows?)
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #12
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramen lover View Post
nice! i saw you comment on my question about lighting for my GLA. I really love my new GLA tank. they look great huh?

Just curious, but how much did your co2 setup run you? Originally I was planning on doing low-tech tank.. but now maybe co2.. i just don't want to spend $200-$300 on a co2 setup.
You know i was exactly in your shoes too not too long ago. To save money i bought the Aquatek paintball regulator.. They used to be around $100, but they've dropped the price to $80 + free shipping (don't know for how long though) through their Ebay store. It comes with an electronic solenoid, co2 resistant tubing, a drop checker with integrated check valve. I bought the 20oz co2 cylinders for about 25 bucks. I found the same cylinders on Amazon for 17 bucks empty though. However, after calling around a bit, i decided to pay the higher price at a local paintball store because they offer 5 free refills if i bought the cylinder from them. At $5 a refill, the cylinders come out free! The only other thing i bought was the UP-Aqua glass diffuser on ebay new for $9 shipped.

So the co2 setup can run you (drum roll please...): roughly $114! Not bad IMO..

Last edited by Brian_Cali77; 10-01-2012 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add free shipping details.
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote