The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Christel Kasselmann 'In the Flesh'
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (34/100%)
Default Christel Kasselmann 'In the Flesh'

Hi All,

We had a huge turnout at our local aquarium club meeting Saturday night; over 130 fish and plant geeks showed up for one of the most memorable meetings in the history of our club. Christel's presentation on 'Rare and Usual Aquatic Plants' lasted two hours and I was so enthralled it seemed like 30 minutes. She covered the plant species, environments, and water conditions that she found in her 40+ expeditions throughout the world. What surprised me the most were the pictures of the many excellent species that have been discovered but never make it into the hobby (or on to the forums).

On a side note I had the opportunity to meet a fellow TPT member: Tex Gal, President of the Dallas Ft Worth Aquatic Plant Club, for the first time; what a warm and wonderful individual.

Here are some shots that Erik Olson (AGA/thekrib.com) took during our meeting. Enjoy!

Christel taking questions after the 2 hour+ presentation

Christel during the lecture; approx 1/3 the audience; can you pick out Tex Gal??!!

Christel during the lecture most of 130 member audience

One of Three 'mini-auction' Tables; Young member checking out the LED Light fixture being auctioned

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist; 09-17-2012 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: ..
Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote