The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What earphones do you use?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
OMG. just received these philips SHE3582. I am actually amazed with how these $7 phones sound. To give you an idea of my baseline, my daily phones are the Shure E5C's. Paid $499 for these 8 years ago and have really earned their keep many times over.

I picked up a few pairs of sub $20 sony ear buds over the years on trips and were disappointed upon initial use. These SHE3580's are a hidden gem.

The Bose IEMs sound nice but they have a particular sound signature and range. They shine in the mids but not particularly well in the highs or lows as a universal. I'm not particularly fond of big brands and more interested in finding quality regardless of make, the proverbial diamond in the rough with all things. If you are up for trying something new, i'd say these $7 phones are worth considering.

Here's more info incase anyone's interested: Philips 3580 IEMs
im not a music buff or anything, but im a musician so i can kind of tell wahts good quality and not. about a month ago i got a pair of Mee m9's the reviews i read online were good and i got them for $12 shipped, cant go wrong there.im dissapointed in these earbuds! i feel like my Skullcandy dubs were better than these. the double silicone earbud is nice for sound isolation, but why isolate sound when the new sound doesnt blow you away? they also broke within a month of medium-light use! the earbud fell into two pieces when i was taking it out of my ear! not yanking it out, slowly taking it out.. fell apart. i talked to the place i got them and they are sending me a replacement pair. hopefully this one is better. if not, im trying to Phillips! thanks for the recomendation! i think ive seen those at walmart and other stores.. is it just that model? or any phillips buds?
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote