The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - my weekend warrior project, 125G paludarium
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

update: built the water feature for the left side of the tank. made it completely removable for maintenance reasons. learned a few things this past weekend as well. while water testing the water feature, i filled the tank to it's planned water level, and guess what i found out? the whole land area floats!! dumb me, should have figured it would, since it IS all polyurethane foam. like trying to sink a giant rice crispy....lol anyway, i added 4lbs of lead fishing sinkers to the inside of the land mass. i'm in the middle of covering it with coco coir, so i will hopefully test to see if this is enough weight over the upcoming weekend. now for the pics:
prep work: in order to keep the foam from sticking, i covered the area i was working in in plastic wrap, which worked brilliantly :-)

this is the top of my water feature, water enters through the tube and exits upon overflow. the reason for the cup is because the ultrasonic foggers work on vibration and they spout up some water, this is my attempt to curb having a fog volcano. LOL

water feature foamed up and ready for carving:

a couple of views if the water feature out of the tank:

here's a couple pics after carving and after a bit of coco coir on it:

i will try to update earlier next week, i just got caught up in my own little Doctor Who marathon this week....lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote