The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ShrimpZoo's 30gal CRS/CBS/Golden Breeding Tank
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #41
shrimpzoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Well thank goodness I got them lent to me for free for a year XD I'll probably get my own jugs later.

Anyways, here is an update... I am DONE with the designing of my tank and creating the parameters for my future CRS.

Front View:

Side View:

Hiding Area:

Feeding Area:

Parameters are:

pH: < 6.0 (test kit doesn't measure anything lower than 6.0 so I'm going to assume it is a pH of 5.5 to 6.0 because I have netlea soil and people generally say it brings it down to 5.5)

kH: 0-2
gH: 5

temperature: 21-23C (pretty much always at 22C = 71.6F)

ammonia & nitrites: 0

nitrates: good enough

TDS is between 115 - 118... what do you guys think a good TDS measure should be? because according to http://www.shrimpkeeping.com/

TDS should be around 80-100 ): I don't see how I could keep it this low if I dose Seachem Flourish and use API root tabs to provide micro and macro nutrients (and I'm going to assume these 2 products are shrimp safe) and dose mosura mineral plus/fluval shrimp supplement for gH.

Anyways, I wanted to ask that here to avoid making a AM I READY FOR CRS thread.

I think I'm ready (: I'm just going to have to find a place to buy CRS or find someone on the forum that would be willing to ship to Canada or if there is someone nearby. Feel free to say otherwise or comment! finally happy that I'm done designing.

p.s: I will definitely take the Betta out when I get CRS lol. He is just in there to provide nutrients for my Java Moss and create some bacteria.