The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Siggav - My Rio 180 (56k)
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #16
Knotyoureality
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggav View Post
Yeah, I really like altums (well aware that Im not going to keep any though) so I've sort of been after striped angelfish and even though I know that's the wildform colour not seen many at all around, lots are veiltail koi etc, and I was wanting just normal fin silver ones.

Those little guys I have now are a bit extra stripy, but that's fine (and also the other colours of angelfish are all great, it's more that the ones Ive seen have often had wonky ventrals and huge eyes and looked abit stunted etc.)

My longer term stocking in the tank for now is:
2 german blue rams
2 angelfish (we'll see about how they get on)
12 penguin tetras
5 otos

Tank is 40" by 16" so more floor space than a standard 55g since it's wider but it's shorter.

Other fish in the tank as well right now
1 sterbai cory
3 neon tetras
2 cherry barbs

I can always move my neons into my shrimp tank if the angels start getting bigger and interested but those neons are ancient now and I'm expecting them to die off in the next few months. I used to have a school of around 12 tetras years ago and those 3 are the last survivors at this point. Same with the barbs and the cory.

I might try to change out my substrate next weekend. That'll be a lot of work.
You may well luck out with your neons. My angelfish never bothered mine; even molly fry were annoyingly safe once they were more than a week old.
Knotyoureality is online now   Reply With Quote