The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Need input- want to start accounts for conservation donations
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (204/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
Default Need input- want to start accounts for conservation donations

My husband had a really awesome idea. I regularly (try) to donate to different conservation funds and things that are important to me (invertebrates by msjinkzd is even a public radio donor). His idea was for me to offer to take $1 or basically "round up" orders (for those who were interested) to the nearest dollar and then put the money into an account where each year I would make a donation from my customers (list of names of those who donated would be on my website) to one of a few different conservation sites. I don't watn to go through the hassle of setting up the accounts and doing all the research if people wouldn't be interested. I, for one, am always teh person who gives a dollar for the food bank at the grocery store and think this is basically the same concept. I would track it so, if needed, people could see exactly where/who the money came from should there be doubts. I just thought it was a nice idea.
So, the question is, if this was available, do you think you would be interested in donating a dollar or some change to a joint account for fish conservation? If so, please post what sort of efforts you would like to support.
msjinkzd is online now   Reply With Quote