The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My first planted aquarium Petco 6.6 Bookshelf Iwagumi (Full Tank Shot 09/27/2012)
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #58
SaltyNC
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
This tank looks....really good, wow. I may have to invest in that brine shrimp product sometime. Great job with the scape, plant and fish selection.
Thanks, Freph. It was an experiment and learning experience, and I've enjoyed it. So far, no major disasters. Yea, that shrimp product comes in a tiny glass baby food jar. It will probably expire before I can feed it all with these little guys. I was glad to hear your riccia is starting to take off. I see you are from Fayetteville. I used to live in the Eastern part of NC when I was a kid, and we would drive down to Fayetteville to see the air show. Are there any good fish stores in town, or do you have to mail order or come to Charlotte/Raleigh? It's great that we have some many from NC/SC on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyTR View Post
Amazing tank!
I actually picked up some live brine shrimp from my LFS today for my tetra and Betta. My Betta loved the heck out of them.
Thanks so much, Jeremy. Fish do seem to go crazy over any live product. There is another product similar to Instant Baby Brine Shrimp called Cyclop-Eeze that is supposed to be really good. Both of those products are not truly live, but contain all the benefit of live food. At one time, I contemplated setting up a green water tank and raising my own daphnie to feed these guys, but after I discovered the instant product, and it lasts a long time with these tiny guys, I decided against it. I may try raising daphnia some time in the future. The cultures are available locally to me.
SaltyNC is offline   Reply With Quote