The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My first planted aquarium Petco 6.6 Bookshelf Iwagumi (Full Tank Shot 09/27/2012)
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #55
SaltyNC
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Default Week 10 - Short video of fish feeding

For this week's update, I've uploaded a very small video of the boraras brigittae eating the Instant Baby Brine Shrimp product. I really like how this product suspends in the water column and creates the effect of stars against my black backdrop. It even looks like the faint glow of the Milky Way with the hazy mirroring of the rocks against the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MghkYoRO5CI

I was hoping to capture my Amano shrimp going crazy, but they didn't show up this time. Usually when I inject the baby brine shrimp (it's mostly the fat and not live shrimp) into the water, the Amanos come out and run all over the tank, picking up the tiny balls of fat from all over the tank. I thought Amanos were herbivores, but they seem to like the fat content in the shrimp product. My battery ran out on my camera, so I had to cut the video short, but I'll try to get a short clip of the Amanos motor-boating around the tank next time.

For those of you with nano tanks and pressurized CO2, do you find it works better to leave it on 24/7 or turn it off after lights out? I have fairly high surface agitation, and I'm noticing that my CO2 is dropping quite a bit at night and not maintaining a constant level. Since my biomass is fairly light, and my water volume is so small, I'm thinking it might be better to just run CO2 24/7 to prevent fluctuations that can cause algae issues.

Here is this week's update shot:

I'll probably do two or three more weekly updates, and then only post if something drastic changes after that.
SaltyNC is offline   Reply With Quote