New tray rests, this time with symmetry. Used the belt and disc sanders with clamps to get this result - much
The four outside rests.
Threaded them all together, then sanded.
The two inside rests.
Made new ones, this time 3" wide.
All of them glued and taped.
I gave all the rests vertical supports. Used the blue tape prior to gluing to ensure they stayed where I wanted them post-glue. Glued with E6000.
Slight fix for the scrubbies.
Prevents them from floating on their own. I may still need to weigh them down a bit, but they are holding much better now. I used a lot
of zip ties, but I've had that bag since high school...best $15 I ever spent!
I have to wait 48 hours for the E6000 to fully cure, then silicone the rests into place. 24 hours, and then test the new drip trays.
In the mean time I can:
- Source coarse filter foam
- Get platform ready for plumbing routing/testing in the garage
- Work on the return plumbing
- Prep the 50G for the overflow box install
- Build the jig for the overflow box install