The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Complexity Journal: 75g "High Tech" Planted Tank / New pics 8-24-2012!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #835
Complexity
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)

I'm glad you found a way to use a water changer that works for you. I know what you mean about the water pressure not allowing it to vacuum very well. The water pressure at my kitchen sink isn't very good either. I have to use the sink in my bathroom. Bless my husband for letting me use his sink since it's the closest to the door. He even lets me leave the adapter on the sink full time now. Yay! I use the hot and cold water turned on full blast to remove the water which gives the vacuum more suction. This turned out to be a pretty good idea because it clears the hot water pipes so I can use the hot water in the winter to match the temps in my tank. The only thing is that I always make sure all my tanks are within 50' of my husband's bathroom sink! LOL!

So sorry to hear about your filter. Good thing you're getting the CO2 running again so the algae won't have a chance to take over again. I hope they fix your filter and send it back to you quickly. That's got to be tough to have it gone like that!
Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g - Journal Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red' Better Pics 8-24
29g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g - Journal Retired
Complexity is offline   Reply With Quote