The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Complexity Journal: 75g "High Tech" Planted Tank / New pics 8-24-2012!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #832
Complexity
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
Wow! As usual, that makes all the sense in the world. I have an issue with my stem plants getting tall and then being blown around by the filter outflow. If you move that outflow down lower, where the plants are stronger, it would have to have less of an effect. As a bonus it might help move debris from the back to the front of the tank where it’s easier to vacuum up.
Yeah, that's something I hadn't even thought of. It helps blow the crud off of the plants.

The main thing is to try different settings until you find the one that works for you and your tank. You'll notice that everyone's is a little bit different, yet most of the methods work very well. My method just progressed over time to what it is now. I'm sure yours will do the same.

Quote:
I wake up a 0500 just so I can get some exercise in and then dose my ferts. Do you think it would cause an issue to dose ferts three hours before the lights come on? The only other chance would be about 1930 when I get home from school. The lights are off then also. I do normally turn them on for a few minutes so I can enjoy my tanks and make sure everything is going well.
Dosing three hours before the lights come on will be fine. That way the ferts will be well distributed throughout the tank by the time the plants are ready to use them.
Vicki —Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) • Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) • Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

• 90g - Journal Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' —— • 75g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red' Better Pics 8-24
• 29g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' —-- • 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
• 5g - RCS colony —————————————————— • 2.5g - Journal Retired
Complexity is offline   Reply With Quote