The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My first planted aquarium Petco 6.6 Bookshelf Iwagumi (Full Tank Shot 09/27/2012)
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #49
SaltyNC
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisheriesOmen View Post
When you put Inverts like Shrimp into a new tank they will almost always molt soon after in order to adjust to the change in parameters (Fresh and Slat Water included).
I'm new to shrimp and didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Since they molted, they have been hiding out under a rock ledge in the back of the tank mostly. I understand that's common, since they feel vulnerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3Knical5urg3 View Post
I actually moved on from hammock camping to bring my weight down further. I've actually been making a lot of my gear lately as I just picked up a sowing machine for the first time.

I am pretty new to the who aquascaping thing but I finally have a tank that doesn't essentially suck. I haven't posted on it yet but will start soon.
It seems like a lot people are now using Cuben fiber these days. I think sewing is a great skill to know. My son has been making a sail for a kayak, and it would be great to be able to help him sew it. I can't sew worth a lick.

I'm looking forward to seeing your tank. I like the way you put that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williak View Post
Still loving watching your tank! Such an incredible scape for such a small volume aquarium. You've really created something special

My most recent nature/iwagumi-ish aquarium was a failure... about to restart a new one in a smaller 24" rimless 18 gal. aquarium. Going to be reviewing your journal, and watching your continued success, as a guide for my own! Planning on some DHG, hope it will come out as your's has
Williak, I really appreciate your kind comments. It has been a very fun and rewarding adventure so far. It's always fun learning a new hobby. This one happens to fit well into existing hobbies, and luckily, I can draw on some of the knowledge from existing hobbies. Still, I'm very green and learning.

I'm sorry to hear about your iwagumi-ish tank. It's great you are giving it another go. You probably know the saying, "If you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough." I think it's great to push boundaries and learn from our mistakes. I'll look forward to seeing your new aquarium. Good luck with your hairgrass, and remember, mine died back and is still recovering. Success hasn't come without some trials. Best of luck!

I have added some Boraras brigittae this morning. Pics coming, tonight!
SaltyNC is offline   Reply With Quote