The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My first planted aquarium Petco 6.6 Bookshelf Iwagumi (Full Tank Shot 09/27/2012)
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #44
SaltyNC
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3Knical5urg3 View Post
I am pretty excited to hear there is another aquarium hobbyist that is into ultralight backpacking/camping! Ultralight backpacking is my first passion with aquariums being my second. I find that both tend to cost more than ever originally planned.
TS, I know that's right! We pay for every ounce shaved. It's amazing how quickly ultralight has evolved. Do you hammock camp? If not, you've got to search up YouTube for "Shug" and check it out. It's how I mostly camp these days. Shug lives in Minnesota, now, I think, but he is from NC. He's hilarious--does all these Sling Blade impressions. Good info in his entertaining videos on everything from hammock camping to stoves, etc. He introduced me to The BushBuddy--amazing ultralight stove handmade by a guy in the backcountry of Canada using a solar-powered spot welder.

Oops, I better start talking about fish! What kind of aquarium are you setting up? Are you aquascaping or only interested in keeping a planted tank? Any fish?

Last edited by SaltyNC; 08-20-2012 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Cause I can never get it right the first time
SaltyNC is offline   Reply With Quote