Sorry same bad cell. Not bad outside, no so good for indoor tank pics.
This tank first and foremost dedicated to dispelling the notion that organics can't not be used successfully in substrate. What better way to continue to demonstrate than to periodically make changes that could upset the balance. Unless of course one makes appropriate adjustments.
All plants were remove along with 25% of the water. Mostly to keep from splashing water over the side. No special care was made in pulling the rooted plants. Puffs of MTS dirt were allowed to settle for 1hr after the planting with the filters off. The residual dirt was left on the substrate to resettle.
The new planting is Dwarf Sag and a single Echinodorus 'Paul Kloecker', the Val may or may not stay. I 'm out of planting space and need to stick them somewhere.
I am a bit concerned about the Sword as it was a little stressed out from shipping. It had 10' mature leaves that I removed to help it recover. Of course
coming in on trade it mostly likey would have lost those leaves anyway.
I added the HOB from my Q-Tank that isn't occupied now. I also covered the top with Water Lettuce for the Bio-filtration and to calm my Ram trio as pretty much all of their cover is gone. To further placate them I'll be covering most of the front glass with brown paper until the new planting gets established.