The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tom's Bucket O' Mud (semi self-sustaining aquarium)
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #165
BigTom
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfromstlouis View Post
I think one of the things that sets this tank apart from so many others is the obvious depth of view. We get accustomed to the flatter views of taller tanks and miss out on the more natural world that the fish can explore in that third dimension.

The camera captures this beautifully. My question is this: how do you prefer to view it in person? At the height it sits in the room, I'd guess you look down into it as often as from the side. If you want to sit and look at it for 10 or 15 minutes, where do you position yourself and what view do you prefer?
The tank is in the bedroom, with the view from the bed being towards the front right corner, at head height, which is perfect. The view form my desk is from the other front corner, slightly above. And when walking into the room you see it completely from above.

For proper tank chillout time I sit right in front of it on a pillow, back against the bed with a glass of wine
BigTom is offline   Reply With Quote