The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Complexity Journal: 75g "High Tech" Planted Tank / New pics 8-24-2012!
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #806
Complexity
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)
Default After Pics

Here's the first after pic. I still need to learn how to use my camera, but the pics are better than they were before.

After seeing how overgrown the tank was, you can see why it ended up taking me 3 days to get the tank back in shape. I pulled up almost all of the plants, trimmed them properly, and replanted the stems I found to be in good health. I cleaned the entire tank, including all of the plumbing intake/outflow pipes. The wood was scrubbed clean with a toothbrush. And I worked hard to clean up all the crud that was littering the substrate. Now the tank not only looks much better, but is much healthier for the plants and fish.

Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g - Journal Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red' Better Pics 8-24
29g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g - Journal Retired
Complexity is offline   Reply With Quote