The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - the_Intricacy's 12g Long... double-fisted!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
the_intricacy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

This weekend I bought myself a few Seiryu rocks from the good folks at Aqua Forest Aquarium, some new hairgrass, and HC. While I just moved, and have many other things I need to attend to, I wanted to get the Dry Start going, so viola, here's where things stand this weekend:

At the moment, I don't have: a stand(s), substrate for the 2nd tank, 36" lights, my wife's permission for the second tank! Edit: got it!

B/C of that last point, I'm DSMing HC in tupperware for the eventual 2nd tank. While in the tank I'm using eco complete, the tupperware is old flourite gravel. Should I put fertilizers in the tupperware? I hear it can bring on the algae/mold.

Anyone have any suggestions for a stand? I see that Mr. Aqua stand is discontinued, and keep in mind I intend on doing a double long setup. I may have to start drawing up a DIY design...

Anyway, now I wait. As you can see, I'm using the window sill to tilt it while DSMing. That shouldn't be problem, right? (Poor puppy, the tank is in her sunbeam napping spot.)

Last edited by the_intricacy; 07-31-2012 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Got it!
the_intricacy is offline   Reply With Quote