The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Siggav - My Rio 180 (56k)
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
Siggav
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

More and better photos of the fish, the crypts and anubias are doing really well though, extra crypts turning up and all of them are putting up new leaves and there's been like 4 new leaves on the anubias in the last 2 weeks which is pretty good going for it really.

These two have paired up and they've been getting pretty possessive over a corner of the tank. I'm not in a position to raise any eggs but it's nice to watch them interact though

Paired male on his own

Sparring with the other guy

Other guy on his own

Updated FTS

I had to moderately wreck the aquascape a bit to put in more breakers of line of sight and stuff into the tank. Also in that shot some cucumber and zuccini and lettuce for my otos, Im not sure I have enough of the right type of algae to feed them just from the tank so I'm playing it safe.

The second female I have of the GBRs is being bullied somewhat by the others right now. She's not gone into hiding and she eats well still but her colour is paler than the others and they all chase her around a fair bit and she has a small wound on one side.

She also has a bit of a defect where a part of her gillcover is missing. She was like that when I got her and I didn't have heart to take her back to the LFS. It doesn't seem to affect her and she was bullying my currently single male a few days ago. The drama never stops with these fish.

Anyway here's her:
My 4g planted nano
Fauna: 3 amano shrimp
Flora: hairgrass, pgostemon helferi, staurogyne repens
Siggav is offline   Reply With Quote