The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Calling all DIY LED "Junkies" - Your opinions wanted!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
O2surplus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblondskeleton View Post
Whoops haha... Well, I never claimed to be an expert. That makes sense, though. So it can operate as a kind of 'driverless' controller? And the current for each channel is adjustable similar to a MeanWell driver? Up to 48 LEDs?

If i understand this correctly now, that makes this capable of doing all the work (driving, dimming, and controlling) for just about any size build, providing there is no minimum quantity of LEDs per channel? Wicked cool! This could save DIY'ers a ton of cash on separate drivers and controllers.

Yes- Now you get it! I've literally tried to cram everything anyone would ever want into one place. It's a 150 watt/ 6 channel LED driver with it's own integrated programmable controller. The original idea was to find a way to eliminate the need to run wires "all over the place". This little board will act as a "central hub"by providing power to the leds, power to cooling fans ect.. , be fully programmable for dimming control. It also will be fully expandable to read sensors and control other aquarium devices.

If it works as designed, it will definitely be a "one stop solution" for most led builds, as it eliminates the need to purchase most of the commonly needed components.
225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ twin Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Custom 320 watt LED Lighting system utilizing a 6' Maker's Heat Sink, 12 BridgeLux Vero 18's,3 purpose built 5 channel A6211 Led driver/Controllers, and a 20lb CO2 system w/ Milwaukee Ph Controller.
O2surplus is offline   Reply With Quote