The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ADA 90P Iwugami (56K Warning) Updated 5/16/2013
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #38
frrok
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx View Post
I did have the tank shipped to my door by UPS. It cost me about $85 but it only took 3 days since I live in Washington state and it's not that far from Cali (which is nice). I would die to have a 120P but the glass on the 90P is 1/2 " thick, so I can't imagine what the 120P's glass must be like. It probably weighs a TON; but I do like the length and the low height makes for some really useful real estate. Here's the thing with the rail - I like it because it has room to expand and put a second tile on, whereas if you limit yourself to hanging just the fixture, you'll have to get the rail eventually to add a second tile. As for the brightness, it is hella bright, but it takes about 2-3 days after you first get it to really kick in. Initially I was very skeptical about its lighting intensity, compared to CPF, T5's T8's, etc. But your eyes have to adjust to how LEDs illuminate things and it has a short "burn in" period where the LEDs reach their optimum efficiency (which in my case was about 3 days of regular use). I actually have to raise it higher than I planned because it's so bright and I already returned the second tile because it's obvious that lowering it would be enough to increase the PAR at substrate level.
Ah. Thanks for the tip. So you decided against the second tile? Probably way to much light. I'm only going to have the 1 aquaray 400 mini. And I'm probably going to get the hanging kit and make my own suspension using emt pipe. Hopefully I won't need the rail to hang it. Its supposed to come with these plastic brackets so you can hang it.
The Fraternity of Dirt #11
Wabi-kusa Pimp #6

25cm Cube

ADA MINI-M Journal

ADA MINI-M REDUX
frrok is online now   Reply With Quote