The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Complexity Journal: 90g "High Tech" Planted Tank / Welcome to my mess!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Complexity
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)

The plants are growing like crazy in this tank! I had so many hitting the surface and folding over that I had to do a major trimming this last weekend. I also moved some of the plants over to my 75g tank since this one is getting overly crowded.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Nymphoides taiwan. That plant is growing beyond belief! I ended up removing all its leaves. I must have had 20 new plants growing from it. I replanted two of them in one of my low tech 29g tanks. If it can grow there, then I may remove it from the 90g. I think this plant is too fast growing for a high tech tank.

Ran out of CO2 today. It was funny because I was looking at the tank and noticed the drop checker color wasn't as yellow as normal; it had turned slightly green. So I checked the CO2, and sure enough, it was empty. Fortunately, I have a spare cylinder filled up for just this reason. I was able to switch to a full cylinder and get the CO2 up and running immediately.
Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g - Journal Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red' Better Pics 8-24
29g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g - Journal Retired
Complexity is offline   Reply With Quote