The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Group Canoe outing on Sante Fe River (Gainesville)
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
pweifan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (58/100%)
Default Group Canoe outing on Sante Fe River (Gainesville)

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a group together on Saturday 8/4/12 to go canoeing on the Sante Fe River. It's in the greater Gainesville area in High Springs. Here's the itinerary:
  • Meet at 10:30 am at the Sante Fe Canoe Outpost
  • Shove off at 11:00 am
  • Enjoy nature's splendor!
  • Finish up about 4:00 or 5:00 pm (that's the 15.0 mile run with an extra hour to sight-see in the springs)
  • Go eat Dinner (for those interested)

I'm not affiliated with the Sante Fe Canoe Outpost, it's just the one we used when I participated in the 2004 Plant Fest that Tom Barr put together. I really enjoyed this portion of our expeditions. Here's a pic of us out on the water. That's me on the far right

It's $25 a person to rent a canoe. I'm really hoping to get 6-12 people together if there's enough interest. I spoke with them today and they said leaving at 11:00 am would give us enough time to really enjoy the trip. I'd recommend bringing some sunscreen, food/drink in a cooler and any snorkeling/collecting equipment you think would be helpful.

I'll be driving up from the Orlando area that morning, so it may be a possibility to carpool if you're close.

Please post here if you're interested so others are aware of how much interest there is.
pweifan is offline   Reply With Quote