The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DIY LED FAQ - Where to begin?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #39
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Yeah, that was my biggest issue. There are a bunch of really great sites and threads that explore one or two aspects of a build really deeply, but barely touch on others. Few were as comprehensive as Hoppy's original sticky-build. The trouble there was that the tech is changing so quickly that a lot of it was obsolete, or just unavailable.

I thought since there are so many things to think about when you build an LED that it would be great to consolidate it all. I originally asked about creating a subforum (as you know, haha), and SOMEBODY suggested I make a thread about it. I already had a ton of notes from my own research, so it was really just a cut-and-paste job. I polished it up a bit, and here it is.

They say the best way to learn something is to teach it to someone. I suppose after a few months of this I might grow to be an expert after all!

I think that's a great idea, by the way. A lot of these builds are very practical and utilitarian, and yours is so polished, it would be great to share some ideas to finish some of the very nice fixtures out there - make them wife-friendly
theblondskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote