The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jake's 45-F - High-Tech Guy Goes Low-Tech
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (426/100%)
Default Jake's 45-F - High-Tech Guy Goes Low-Tech

All right. We all know I suffer from a serious case of Multiple Tank Syndrome. But who doesn't need another shrimp tank?!

Have decided to shut down my high-tech Ebi within the next month and replace it with an ADA 45-F. I plan to house BTOE (Black Tiger Orange Eye shrimp) and some sort of Neo - possibly Orange/Pumpkin. Thought it'd be a good idea to start a new thread-journal to document my process.

The equipment I've already got on-hand:
  • Eheim 2213 that's already running on my Ebi
  • Pool Filter Sand and Turface (have to decide what to use)
  • Tons of Aquasoil, UP Aqua Shrimp Sand, Azoo Plant Grower Bed, et al. Just don't want to use them because they buffer so much. If only I could get my hands on some Hirose Volcamia G!
  • Manzanita
  • Plenty of moss
What I plan to purchase:
  • ADA 45-F
  • Maybe an ADA Garden Mat so I can take advantage of the warranty
  • Archea 45cm LED fixture, as my tank will be low-light
  • Flame Moss
  • Mini Pellia/Riccardia chamedryfolia (Coral moss)
  • Hydrocotyle tripartita - I've got a great stump this will look great behind

I'd like to have it ready for shrimp by early September and think that's a realistic time frame. Gives me a couple weeks of prep time to make my mind up.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, though.

Will update with photos throughout the process.

Note: it's really tempting for me to get some Pygmy Cories or even Habrosus. Which maybe wouldn't be so great for shrimplets. I have a spare 20L and two 5.5s that may or may not become a Cory tank… so who knows?

I'm just excited to add a new ADA tank to the mix soon.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 07-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: clarification
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote