The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Frank's Planted Tank How-To Mini Novel - The Mini S Returns! New Layout
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #704
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

I'm sorry for the lack of updates of late guys & gals.

Honestly, it's been a bit hectic keeping pace with demand lately!

I did, however get to take pictures along the way.

Day 4:

The Amazing part here - is that after such a short period of time the Riccia is 'standing up,' and growing in very small and tight. Normally the time it took for it to begin growing like this under MH and CF bulbs was about 1.5-2 weeks, and the leaf pattern was broader and wider until trimming occurred.

Day 5:

Day 7:

By the end of the first week the Riccia was nearly fully grown in, standing tall and very very tiny.

Also, at the end of Day 7, I began dosing Green Brighty Special Lights, so the dosing became x1 Special Lights + x1 Brighty K (squirts).

Day 9:

Day 10:

The Former Layout:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 6:

Day 7:

Day 8:

Day 11:

With the previous Solar Mini M - it took til the 11th day for Riccia to start really pearling, etc.

The difference between growth patterns here, is that under the Solar Mini M it grew much taller and broader. Under the AQUASKY, it's been coming in a lot shorter and much, much thinner, more nano sized.

The Tennellus and the Hair Grass though, are definitely going through some adjustments, they're transition from the light types and uprooting / re-planting. New growth is clean and slender in, which tells me that both plants should be trimmed here in the next few days. Root growth is pitch white - an excellent sign of health in plants.
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote