The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 20 Long Rock Pile...V2...Now with Nano!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
Any progress on the tank, what you've do this far looks good. I wonder if you can have any fauna in there without driving them crazy with load music, I notice my fish scatter when the front door is slammed 3 rooms away.

It's cool to see all that vinyl, I used to spend my whole paycheck on records when I was in my early 20's, I ended up with a lot of collectible covers at $3.99 each back in 1980 or so, I ended up selling them all to fun a cross country trip.
I have been in out of town for almost a week and still going to be back for a few days, hopefully their will be some growth when I get home. Before I left, I split up a lot of the Belem. It tends to grow fast but not spread, hoping this will speed up the process.

As for fauna, I have not had many issues. I had a Pearl Gourami that really didn't like the music (I assume the vibrations) but I notice no difference in behavior with other fish/shrimp. Although I have not had livestock in this tank, I had a 29 setup in the same place for over 4 years. I also don't usually have my music super loud when I am making it or listening. It only gets loud when mixing and some rappers I work with need the music blasting while tracking.

The only update I have is I bought some acrylic lily pipes. They are with me, not on the tank. I will update when I get home.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote